2017 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Criminology
We look forward to seeing our members at the 2017 meeting of the American Society of Criminology in Philadelphia!
ASC 2017 Reception
The Division will once again host a Reception and Awards Ceremony at the ASC Annual Meeting in Philadelphia. The ceremony will be held on November 16th, 3:30 to 4:50 pm, Marriott Courtyard Grand Ballroom Salon II.
The ceremony will begin with opening remarks from the Philadelphia Police Department’s Commissioner, Richard Ross Jr., followed by the Presentation of our 2017 Awards. Division updates will then be delivered by Chair William Terrill.
ASC 2017 Panels of Interest
Click here for our handy excel guide to all policing sessions of interest at ASC.
Congratulations to our 2016 award winners who will be honored at our reception:
- Early Career: Scott Wolfe, University of South Carolina
- Distinguished Scholar: Lorraine Mazerolle, University of Queensland
- Lifetime Achievement: Lawrence Sherman, University of Cambridge and University of Maryland
- Outstanding Law Enforcement Practitioner: James Bueermann, Police Foundation and Redlands Police Department (ret.)
Right before our reception on Thursday, November 17, the Division Journals Committee will host a Roundtable with Journal Editors from 2:00-3:20pm in the Hilton in Cambridge, 2nd Level. The session will include editors from several top policing journals including:
- Wesley Jennings, Co-Editor, Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management
- Cynthia Lum, North American Editor, Policing: A Journal of Policy and Practice
- Sebastian Roché, European Regional Editor, Policing and Society
- John Worrall, Editor, Police Quarterly
The Division of Policing has organized a special session on Friday, November 18 from 9:30-10:50am in the Hilton, Chart A, Riverside Complex on “Recommendations from the President’s Task Force on 21st Century Policing: A Closer Look at the Science and Practice of Implementation”
- Chair: Cynthia Lum
- “Responding to Pillar Two of the President’s Task Force: Policy and Oversight,” William Terrill
- “Expanding the National Decertification Index: The Challenges Ahead,”
- “Responding to Pillar Five of the President’s Task Force: Training and Education,” Dennis Rosenbaum
We also invite members to attend a special session on BJA’s Smart Suite:
The following programs are in the BJA Smart Suite: Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), Smart Policing, Byrne Criminal Justice Innovation (BCJI), Smart Supervision, Smart Reentry, Smart Pretrial, Prescription Drug Monitoring, Field Initiated – Category 1, Smart Prosecution, Smart Defense
The Division of Policing hosted its Reception and Awards Ceremony at ASC 2015 in Washington, DC. on November 19.
Click HERE to visit our ASC 2014 inaugural event page with information on the Division’s first event and remarks from our distinguished speakers.